[development] Drupal & automated testing

Tao Starbow starbow at citris-uc.org
Mon Mar 6 20:47:29 UTC 2006

> We just had a fun chat in #drupal about what the most basic tests for
> Drupal core should be.

Note to self -  log in to #drupal if I am going to propose anything on
the list

> I think a grand scheme to write hundreds of tests or force core
> contributors to write unit tests with their patches will fail. Worse
> it could delay emerging efforts for a small suite of maintained  tests.

I don't think it needs to be a grand scheme.  More like encouragement.
I doubt most module-level developers even know about simpletest's
existence.  And a set of small tests is such a powerful way to
communicate: either what a patch does, or the right way to use an
API...it's really seductive once you start doing it.