[development] Time to remove poll module from core

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Tue May 2 08:12:35 UTC 2006

Robert Douglass wrote:
> http://drupal.org/node/61285
>
> Its presence in core is holding up its own development.

There are plenty of good reasons to move modules around, but I don't
think "to get more development done" is a good one.

As Steven Peck said, being a maintainer would be best.

I suspect poll is one of core's least-used modules, if that is true,
then that is a good reason to consider removing it.

And remember, we don't currently have any sort of golden contrib, so
dropping a module from core is pushing it off a proverbial cliff. Maybe
poll has a better parachute than queue module.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com/