[development] Development focus

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed May 3 06:41:32 UTC 2006

Including the CCK in core is an important goal and something I
support strongly.  So I played some more with the CCK today, and
before it can be considered for inclusion, we need to:

   1. Figure out a way to make it easy to install the CCK.  Having to
enable 5-10 modules is annoying.  Having a better install system,
with a build in dependency tracker, seems necessary.

   2. Creating a new content type is a multi-step process.  Improving
and extending the Forms API to make it easier to build wizards would
be of tremendous help to get the CCK in core (but not strictly
necessary).  Improving the user experience when creating node types,
however, is necessary to get CCK in core.

   3. Figure out a way to migrate existing node types to the CCK.

help get the CCK into core, we should focus on Forms API
improvements, a dependency system, an install system, wizards, etc.