[development] Here is how you can get 4.5 security patches

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Sun May 28 01:05:10 UTC 2006

Karoly,

I never demanded that you or any other developer to support 4.5. I
never even said you needed to support it.

Let me clarify my comments : What I meant was, move it to an archived
area where people can see the whole history and progression of
Drupal. Keep it there with big blaring red letters saying --DRUPAL
DEVELOPERS DO NOT SUPPORT THESE VERSIONS. Do so anyway so people can
look at the structural aspects of it --and in the event they need
anything during an upgrade, at least have the files available.

These archives and this information is not for you or any of the
current developers. it's not just FOSS products that keep archival
reference to their product development. Many proprietary products do
so as well. This is for future users and coder and the community in
general to learn the product's history and development. Why do you
want to make it hard for people to get to this information?

What I believe Drupal needs is to make it easy for the community to
take care of each other and the product. Steps are already in place
like the amazing strides people have taken with documentation. I
don't really expect you of all people to offer me any help people to
upgrade from 4.5.  But there may be others in the community who would
and will. So let it be.

It is really important for developers like you to take a step back
and get out of the organic development of your product's community.
Your attitude is an obstacle in this natural progression and is not
good for Drupal's product development. It is certainly not good at
all for its reputation.

/ liza