[development] CCK per field CRUD settings, caching complexity

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon May 29 11:14:15 UTC 2006

Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> On 29 May 2006, at 12:44 PM, John Handelaar wrote:
>

>> At the risk of making a number of people vomit,
>> I could point out that this is the sort of thing
>> which Smarty [1] is exceptionally good at already,
>> what with its ability to cache areas within pages,
>> and its support for per-user cache versions [2].
>>
> I believe we are discussing object caching, and not output caching at
> this point.

Yeah;  actually Smarty gets us nothing at all,
does it?

<slaps own forehead>

I would be interested in something which took
Jeremy's no-DB-hit filesystem cache approach
and expended from there, though.  That thing's
a freakin' lifesaver.

Perhaps we ought to consider this not only in
terms of things which can be cached per-user,
but also the larger group of items which can
be cached per-role...

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org