[development] Is emailpage abandoned?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Nov 15 00:41:22 UTC 2006

On 11/14/06, Darren Oh <darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com> wrote:

> As a user, I prefer fewer modules. I didn't know about the send and
> forward modules when I started looking at emailpage. emailpage is the
> most descriptive name, so it's the first thing I found. The more
> modules, the harder it is to find what I want.

Emailpage: crufty, not as good as forward.

Forward: no dependencies, works great out of the box. Could use Views
integration.

Send: depends on CiviCRM for a bunch of tracking features. Hmmm...might
actually require some sort of "Mail" or something as well....I forget.

So, Forward and Send (for CiviCRM users) still make sense. Emailpage is the
bastard stepchild IMHO.

My vote is to collapse forward and emailpage....as long as Forward's
codebase is used, since it seems better. Send will likely not get changed
and shouldn't be collapsed for those that heavily use CiviCRM.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747