[development] Core committer

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Thu Nov 23 16:45:47 UTC 2006

Hello world,

as some of you might have guessed, I plan to elect another core
maintainer. Just like Gerhard is a dedicated Drupal 4.7 maintainer,
and Neil is a dedicated Drupal 5 maintainer, I'm looking for a
dedicated Drupal 6 maintainer. This maintainer is only allowed to
commit to the Drupal 6 branch (and to CVS HEAD until the Drupal 6
branch is created). Remind that only Steven and myself can commit to
all branches.

If you think you have what it takes to be a Drupal 6 maintainer, I'd
like to hear from you.  Send me your application in _private_ and we
can talk more. Note that I don't just pick anyone -- I only pick
those who I have successfully worked with in the past, that bring a
certain talent to the table (see http://buytaert.net/neil-drumm for
why I picked Neil), and whose vision aligns with my own.  Like it or
not.

Being a core maintainer is a significant commitment; it takes a lot
of time/effort and this for a period of at least two major release
cycles (i.e. 1-2 years).  I'm sure that Neil and Gerhard can assert
this so don't take this lightly.  Reviewing patches is not always the
most exciting job in the world either, however, defining the future
of Drupal is.  Part of your job will be to lead and guide other
developers in this awesome adventure.

I don't want to discuss applications in public, so make sure to send
them to me in private.  Thanks!