[development] Logging of IRC Channels?

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Mon Oct 9 13:36:52 UTC 2006

On 10/9/2006 8:27:42 AM, Morbus Iff (morbus at disobey.com) wrote:
> FWIW, if /I/ was providing the logs as a /historical archive/, then no,
> I wouldn't
> take out the link, as that would be rewriting history. Were I
> to use the logs for, say, searching via Druplicon, then certainly, I
> /would/ remove the link because it doesn't impact negatively on
> legitimate searches.

What's wrong with simply inserting <link removed by request> into your
archive? In my case, it's my family site, which I mentioned in the channel
last May. I've since decided I'd rather not have it showing up in Google and
was taking a look around to see if there was any references to it still. If
I had found your historical archive and asked you to take my family site out
of it, you really would refuse? I find that surprising. Even the big
internet archive won't archive things that they are asked not to (via
robots.txt).

> > if anything should be done about it. Then all Hell broke loose. LOL
>
> Which is all my fault.

I don't know about that. Seems like there were a lot of people jumping on
this. I didn't realize I was going to stir up such a hornet's nest that even
pulled Dries in!

Michelle