[development] Default core theme

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:31:28 UTC 2006

On 10/24/06, Angela Byron <drupal-devel at webchick.net> wrote:

> I agree with this. It's why we've been pushing to have Zen (probably
> with both the Deliciously Zen skin and the more plain "wireframe"
> skin) included in addition to Themetas tic as the default theme. The
> fact that there have been at least 4-5 completely distinct themes
> built on Zen that change nothing but a CSS file is testament to the
> fact that it is powerful, flexible, and easy to modify.

Right, again, that's what I was trying to say with my initial endorsement
caveat.  Was that the theme needs to be clean and well-built from the inside
and easy to use like the Zen theme is.

It won't matter how pretty it is if it's guts are a mess that no themer can
understand.

This is all without me having looked at the code.  (I don't feel I'm the
most qualified to make assessments of structure, for portability, like
people I know are, Ted "m3averck".)

If there's resistance to putting in two "new" themes, then one of us

--
    Trae McCombs || http://occy.net/
  Founder - Themes.org // Linux.com