[development] Drupal Modules and Linux Distros

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 11:47:44 UTC 2006

To be honest, I can't really see the point in providing Drupal with a
Linux distribution. Most users won't need it and those who do are
usually skilled enough to do that themselves (at least they are using
Gentoo and not Windows). Packaging contrib modules doesn't make that
much sense to me as well because it's just unzipping a tarball into
the modules directory (or wherever you install the module to). The
actual installation has to happen inside of Drupal anyway.

Konstantin Käfer – http://kkaefer.com/