[development] Documenting contribs

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Wed Oct 25 18:20:25 UTC 2006

On 10/25/2006 1:13:11 PM, Moshe Weitzman (weitzman at tejasa.com) wrote:
> i think it is within the spirit for site maintainers to improve project
> descriptions as they see fit, and without prior approval from module
> maintainers. an after the fact email like: 'i
> fixed your stink' is
> sufficient. maintainer could always edit again if needed.

LOL!

> As an aside (i.e. lets not sidetrack this thread), one of the original
> visions of the new .info files is that their names and descriptions will
> be
> used by drupal.org project module. Thats one of the reasons we chose plain
> text .ini instead of PHP. I like reuse of .info files because it
> centralizes
> project metadata. We probably need some more metadata fields.

This isn't a sidetrack; it's an important point. If the current project
descriptions will be overwritten by the .info files, then there's no point
spending time now cleaning up the text itself. There's still tagging needing
to be done, but I don't want to be changing the project description if it's
all getting wiped out soon.

Is that the case, or am I misunderstanding you?

Michelle