[development] Stefan's theme

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Sat Sep 2 04:02:55 UTC 2006

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com wrote:
> Has potential. I can see people who don't like white backgrounds (like
> me) going for something like this. It needs work though.
>
> Some suggestions:
>
> 1.Can we see the navbar placed in the light blue overlay on the header
> (that is part of the body)?

Funny, that's exactly where I would *not* like to see it go.  It would ruin
the balance between the top and the body of the node for me.

> 2. I'd like to see these test templates with 3 columns, not just two.
>
> 3. I'd put the site name on the left and the icon on the right.

Good idea, I think.

> 4. Don't place the search bar in the header. How about putting right
> before the first post on main column?

I also think it would be a good idea to *not* have the search bar in the
header since it is fairly slim.  However, on many sites where the node content
on the front-page is the most important thing on the site (e.g. latest news,
latest blog entry, etc.), putting the search bar just above it would be a
disaster.