[development] {Short issue queues need care - 7} Why we shouldn't close all issues without proper review.

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 07:23:21 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I'd like to see happen is this:
>
>  - Make the project module automatically maintain a system
> vocabulary called 'project' where each project name corresponds with
> a 'term'.  Then allow people to categorize forum topics using the
> project vocabulary.
>
>  - Extend the project pages with a link: 'show all forum topics
> about $project'.
>
> This would provide a mechanism to categorize content per project, and
> to filter the forum topics by project.

Sounds like a good idea. Ideally, we would remove all the 'support'
forum areas, and we would instruct users to submit all support
requests as issues. But that, of course, is completely unrealistic:
people are always going to post support requests in the forums.

So the best solution is to allow us to easily find support forum
topics related to particular modules. Perhaps we could even use views
to show a page that lists all the support issues and all the support
forum topics for a particular module, together on one page? Or maybe
we don't even need views for this - I guess we could just do it using
taxonomy (but views would be better - e.g. for sorting by date, for
showing last updated date, etc).

Cheers,
Jaza..