[development] Usability feedback using Flickr

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 08:40:10 UTC 2006

On 08 Sep 2006, at 06:26, Gerry D wrote:

> I signed up, posted some screenshots, and they are not approving me
> for public view. Checking terms of use, they don't like screenshots,
> avatars, smilies, etc. You have to post some photos first, real
> photos... Then later (no idea when), post the screenshots. A
> convoluted and frustrating process. My screenshots, posted over a week
> ago, are still not public. I'm sure I am not the only person.

Flickr might be blocking those.  I suggest you post a direct link to
your screenshot in the comments of the thread on Drupal.org, or that
you create an issue with a direct link to your screenshot.

> With the gallery plugins available for Drupal, why are we not using
> them to communicate screenshots?

Because these don't support notes.  As stated publicly, the Flickr-
thing was just an experiment.  Collecting annotated screenshots is
very valuable, IMO, so I suggest we start looking for an alternative
solution.  A gallery on drupal.org might do the trick (even though it
doesn't support notes).