[development] Bug/UI problem with Forums

Walt Daniels wdlists at optonline.net
Tue Sep 12 13:41:59 UTC 2006

There don't seem to be issue pages for core modules so I am trying here.

If I have containers and forums within containers, e.g. like the Drupal
forums are set up, then I go to the add topic page where I get a dropdown
box to select which forum I want to add the topic to. The UI problem is that
the list of possibilities includes the containers which it needs to or you
couldn't have identically named forums in separate containers and figure out
which is which. If you select the container rather than one of the forums in
a container, it allows you to add a topic to the container. However there is
no way of displaying the topics in a container and this is the problem and
probably shouldn't be permitted because containers shouldn't have topics.

Proposed fix, when user hits submit check if he selected a containter rather
than a forum and give an error, allowing him to reselect to a forum.