[development] code names for core releases?

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Wed Sep 20 02:10:51 UTC 2006

At 8:32 PM -0400 19/9/06, Khalid B wrote:

>Why is this concept so hard to grasp?

Speaking of hard to grasp... please place these RedHat releases
in chronological order and indicate where a major paradigm
shift occurred (i.e. change from RedHat Linux to Enterprise to
Fedora):

Colgate
Enigma
Guinness
Halloween
Hurricane
Pensacola
Picasso
Psyche
Rembrandt
Shrike
Taroon
Tettnang
Yarrow

How much easier would this have been if I'd given you version
numbers instead (RHL4, RHL6, RHEL2, RHEL3, FC1, FC2 etc).

If this was the release history of Drupal, how would you
go about remembering which feature was available in which
release?

As I've said, names are a silly solution to this problem.
The correct solution is to either 1. define the next version
number earlier or 2. improve tag-ability of versions.

 ...R.