[development] Multi-site absolute paths?

Jenny Hsueh lists at ondemand-network.com
Thu Sep 21 22:48:06 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:

>Op woensdag 20 september 2006 02:58, schreef Larry Garfield:
>

>>You aren't typing them yourself, or shouldn't be.
>>

>There is one other potential issue, related to this.
>Two sites on a multisite:
> shell.com
> greenpeace.org
>
>With some guessing:
>greenpeace.org/sites/greenpeace.org/themes/logo.png
>shell.com/sites/greenpeace.org/themes/logo.png (look ma, shell hosts the
>greenpeace logo!)

that's exactly the issue in a commercial world. we have been avoiding
this by still keeping the user domain directory, then create separate
symbolic links for  each drupal folders back to the basecode except
sites/  and files/ dir. This also keeps the disk space usage of each
client very clean . Will be interested to know if there is any better
solutions.

Jenny