[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Martin Tomes lists at tomes.org
Tue Sep 26 07:50:12 UTC 2006

Maciek Perlinski wrote:
> Well talking about numbers and usage i belive most of us know w3schools.com
> i'd like to point their statistics about web browser usage as a point of
> reference : http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Yahoo have billions of hits per day and this is how they support browsers:

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/gbs/gbs.html

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/gbs/gbs_browser-chart.html

Note that IE5 on the Mac has C-grade support which provides core content
and functionality.  I.e., so long as the site is readable and navigable
no attention is paid to how it looks.  They say that 3% of their
visitors use C-grade browsers which is IE5.0 on any platform.

I think it would be good to follow their model for browser support.

--
Martin Tomes
echo 'martin at tomes x org x uk'\

Visit http://www.subversionary.org/