[development] Please off topic me (was menu system, but apparently does not matter what the subject is)

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Sep 27 21:33:47 UTC 2006

*) hook_signal
*) hook_menu into more than menu (maybe)
*) MVC / RoR routers (I can not care less)
*) callbacks (please, not yet! One issue at one time)

Some useful answers and my responses

a) look at user_menu (newmenu.patch in my sandbox). I handle TRUE, FALSE,
and complex stuff there, the latter with moving it to its own little
helper functions.
b) More than six parts will not work on neither end. The builder will not
store more than six parts. The handler will make an argument out of the
7th and onwards. So, you need to write an ugly page controller if you
really insist on more than six depth. But, if you ever do that please
email me the site URL so I can keep away :P

Could you all *PLEASE* peek in my sandbox, read the code (test.php
menu_creator.php and newmenu.patch) and my post and react accordingly ON
TOPIC?

Thanks

NK