[development] #drupal / #drupal-dev split considered harmful

Dave Fletcher fletch at splendora.com
Wed Aug 1 00:01:59 UTC 2007

Quoth KILLES
"When you've helped more Newbie-Developers(!) than I (in #drupal), you
may make such remarks."

Why does the channel matter? I've helped dozens or hundreds of
fledgling folks take their first steps. You're probably the one who
sent them to #drupal-support where I helped them. Development support
abounds in that channel because some folks are actually scared to poke
their heads into drupal (jeez, um guess why?)

"working with it" entails *doing what people expect*, not shoving them off.

--fletch