[development] New Module Ideas and Announcements

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Tue Aug 7 16:59:52 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 August 2007, Neil Drumm wrote:
> > On 8/6/07, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> > > It doesn't seem to help, though, since just today I saw a new module[1]
> > > cross the wire that is a duplicate of one I submitted a few months
> > > ago[2].
> > >
> > > [1] http://drupal.org/project/default_filter
> > > [2] http://drupal.org/project/filterbynodetype
> >
> > I actually win this one with 11 months:
> > http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/contributions/modules/input_format_r
> >estrictions/
>
> Hm, touche.  I don't see it in the project list[1], though.  Methinks some
> merging may be in order.  Or perhaps it's a sign that this functionality has
> no business not being in core, so we should make sure it gets in for Drupal
> 7. :-)

My plan was to get it in core for Drupal 6, and I did not spend a lot
of time making sure it was really ready for general use. For example,
my module lacks some validation and will let you configure your site
to an unusable state. So I did not make a project, and I ended up not
doing any core development for Drupal 6.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com