[development] Desperate plea for help on the GHOP program

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue Dec 11 15:25:25 UTC 2007

On 11 Dec 2007, at 12:36 PM, Derek Wright wrote:

> Oh, and a patch against coder.module so that it generated a patch
> that corrected, not just a report about, all violations it knows
> how to fix:
> http://drupal.org/node/159364

That's beyond my abilities =)
i hate regex' =P

>> We could also flag modules that need documentation somehow.
>
> Lovely idea.  See http://drupal.org/node/161085 for suggested
> documentation standards/practices for d.o projects.

Perhaps we can do that as part of the upgrade process.

>> perhaps check for some other simple modules that haven't been
>> ported to 6 yet ? cross reference something like LOC (not really a
>> good indicator, but still) versus their positions in the d.o usage
>> stats.
>
> Another lovely idea!  Adrian, you rock. ;)

I'd be willing to help put tasks together for this, but i'd need
access to the metrics, and the downloads.

Perhaps we could make one of the items  in the upgrade task , that
they should document what questions they have about the functioning
of the module,
so we can create documentation tasks for modules that require it.

Even more so, we have programmers documentation (doxygen) we could
write tasks for as well. Writing Doxygen would give them a good
understanding of
how the modules are put together too.