[development] Desperate plea for help on the GHOP program

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Dec 11 16:00:32 UTC 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:25:25 +0200, adrian rossouw <adrian at bryght.com> wrote:

>>> perhaps check for some other simple modules that haven't been
>>> ported to 6 yet ? cross reference something like LOC (not really a
>>> good indicator, but still) versus their positions in the d.o usage
>>> stats.
>>
>> Another lovely idea!  Adrian, you rock. ;)
>
> I'd be willing to help put tasks together for this, but i'd need
> access to the metrics, and the downloads.

We had proposals for a couple of "upgrade this module" tasks, but if we could get usage metrics to pick a couple from, that would be even better.

The catch here is that we really do need the contrib author's buy-in, because they will need to review whatever patch the student submits.

> Perhaps we could make one of the items  in the upgrade task , that
> they should document what questions they have about the functioning
> of the module,
> so we can create documentation tasks for modules that require it.
>
> Even more so, we have programmers documentation (doxygen) we could
> write tasks for as well. Writing Doxygen would give them a good
> understanding of
> how the modules are put together too.

http://drupal.org/node/197314

One is in progress.  I'm hoping that after it's closed we can re-open it for another student to do a few more core modules.

This one was already completed, which totally rocks:

http://drupal.org/node/196667

--Larry Garfield