[development] Content Type - wiki

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 1 14:18:37 UTC 2007

In discussion of using Drupal for CMS elsewhere, I had a brainy idea as
someone objected that Drupal didn't supply a wiki.  Thinking out the
idea I suggested that perhaps a content type named wiki could be
created where revisions are set and the content is published but not
promoted where any authenticated user could edit the content.  A menu
block named Wiki could be created to associate the nodes to.  A
taxonomy list could be created to help find the wiki content.  Let's
see I would need a wiki content filter to apply to WikiWiki words.

What am I missing?  Perhaps a theme to separate the main content from
the comments in a tabbed display similar to MediaWiki.  What else?

Earnie
P.S.: I know I can use third party software with Drupal, I'm trying to
think through this simplistic idea.