[development] seeking module maintainers

Knapen Dries dries.knapen at ua.ac.be
Sat Feb 3 14:40:18 UTC 2007

Dear list,

It has taken some time before I was able to admit it to myself, but
due to some extensive changes in my academic career I no longer have
time to actively and responsibly maintain the modules I created. To
be honest, I even didn't get to thoroughly study the changes in
Drupal 5 from a developer's perspective, so I don't see myself
upgrade these modules any time soon.

I prioritized my Drupal and other activities, and I have decided that
in the foreseeable future I will only continue to contribute to the
Drupal project as the treasurer of the Drupal Association, and no
longer as a module developer, since I believe that the Association is
currently more important to support Drupal and help the project grow.

Therefore, the following modules need new maintainers:

Flash Gallery http://drupal.org/project/flash_gallery
Graphstat http://drupal.org/node/33946
Inactive User http://drupal.org/node/10435
Simplenews http://drupal.org/project/simplenews

As for Simplenews (critical for drupal.org), RobRoy (http://
drupal.org/user/22975) already has cvs access, and released a working
5.x version of the module. Furthermore, Sutharsan (http://drupal.org/
user/73854) provided a lot of great patches for simplenews lately.
I'll forward this e-mail to him in case he doesn't read this list.

I will unsubscribe from most public Drupal mailing lists soon, you
can contact me in private through http://drupal.org/user/17892/ for
cvs access and/or module ownership. Drupal.org site administrators
are also free to perform these actions. I'd only like my name to be
mentioned as the original author on the project page and README.txt
of Flash Gallery, Graphstat and Simplenews.

cheers,
Dries Knapen