[development] Tracking modules via CVS, WAS: Re: CVS branch work best practices?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Mon Feb 5 15:23:12 UTC 2007

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> Yeah, this is a somewhat annoying point about the new release system.
Such was my suspicion. The whole cvs export > svk import vendor branch etc
has been great for speeding up site updates to my multisite install. This
inability to track the latest stable branch will slow me down. Such is life :)

> I've wanted to write a script that does at east finds out which tags
> exist to any given branch, but didn't get around to it.
I've just subscribed to the drupal.org cvs commits mailing list and will
work up some filters in Thunderbird for the modules I'm subscribed too. That
way I should be able to figure out which is the best version, and when a new
release happens for the modules I have installed.

I'll just have to keep updating my cvs export script to use the right tag.

This reminds me that I also need to tackle getting vcp setup...

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>