[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Tue Feb 6 20:45:54 UTC 2007

Thanks Kevin for your diligence in trying to solve this one....

Suggesting an alternate outcome:

I'd humbly suggest that the responsible thing to have done is to fork
TincyMCE before the rewrite into either another module until it became a
better replacement (e.g. TinyMCE2).

I realize that this could be new ground, but is it possible for the
outcome to be that we create a new project such as TinyMCE2 which
becomes the drupal-id code and leave his maintainer status intact on
that one?

HEAD from TINYMCE 4.7.1 remains unchanged, and we use the 5.0 patch for
TinyMCE with all its old features (is that what moxie is?) as a module
that becomes the basis for continuation of TincyMCE 5.0 compliant.  Much
less confusion for drupal user community if that course gets
followed..... IMHO.