[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Kevin Reynen kreynen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 01:55:54 UTC 2007

This makes my head hurt!

Since taking over as maintainer, I...

- Posted an explanation about what's going on to the project page
pointing people interested in the 4.7 features to Moxie
- I cleared many of the issues from the queue
- Downloaded all the suggested patches, installed and evaluated
- Looked at ufku's IMCE patch to fix the IE issue and the SVN version
of tinymce that has the fix

Then this afternoon...

I discover drupal-id updated the TinyMCE module last night.  GUI
button selector is back along with the .install.  Location of the
tinymce folder has changed back.  I didn't know this was going to
happen, nor do I know where this code came from or who tested it.

Nothing about the changes in the Release Notes.

I've been doing my best to help users with issue, get a handle on
what's going on, and figure out how to move forward.  I know several
developers and many users jumped the tinymce ship and moved to moxie,
but there are links to the tinymce project in hundreds of Drupal
howtos.

Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with this?

- Kevin Reynen