[development] Bugfix releases for contrib

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Tue Feb 13 20:25:07 UTC 2007

Ken Rickard wrote:
> The question is, how quickly should I roll a point release to address
> those bugs?

What you point out here is the value of a stable branch based module
system that you can let people check out and test for regressions, etc.
My suggestion to you if to encourage people to test a branch before you
tag it as a release. Much like upstream drupal is done but on a much
smaller scale, etc.

That being said i don't think anyone will complain that you make too
many releases while you get your feet wet. I'm only offering advice to
help slow down that pace.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org