[development] Missing CVS branches in contrib -- peeve

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 19:31:16 UTC 2007

This is a pet peeve.   Be forewarned.  :-)

Today, for the Nth time, I again wasted time looking for a module in
the 4.7 branch of the contrib repository that was not there.  Why?
Because it was in the HEAD branch, even though it only works with 4.7
-- and not 5.0 or later.

So this brings me to my pet peeve of the moment:  module maintainers
who do not branch their modules when appropriate.

How can this be made easier for people, and more reliable for folks
who want to download or checkout contrib code?