[development] Version2 Module

Doug Green douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
Wed Jan 3 03:47:02 UTC 2007

I read http://drupal.org/node/94154 before starting work on this.

I was fighting the problem of knowing when I could upgrade my sites to
Drupal 5 and looking up the current DRUPAL-5 tag availability of every
contrib module for each of my sites, on an every so often basis, was
becoming time consuming.

I won't disagree that reading an html page from CVS is not the better
solution, but it works today.  What I don't like about it is that I am
parsing a very specific HTML page looking for stuff inside a <select>
statement.  I'd be just as happy (happier) to make an http request to a d.o
project page.

I haven't looked at project.module at all, but I think all that is missing
is to make project.module expose additional information (an RSS feed for
aggregators and some other machine readable format [XML/ini style]).

If I have the project name (i.e., views) and the module name (i.e.,
views_ui.module) can the project module return all of the releases and the
most recent cvs id's for that tag?

I'm open to other names, but may need some help getting CVS and the project
system to recognize the new name.

Under the same vain, does anyone know how to correct the project version
5.x-5.x-dev?  When I created project release, I accidentally gave 5 for the
major version number instead of 1.

Doug Green
904-583-3342
www.douggreenconsulting.com

Bringing Ideas to Life with Software Artistry and Invention...
Providing open source software political solutions