[development] taking a break

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Sun Jul 1 23:02:05 UTC 2007

A couple things here, and I also don't want to make this long:

Dries started the project, Dries has grown the project, and Dries
continues to make choices that allow Drupal to flourish. Dries isn't a
bottleneck, he's a big part of the reason we can all spend our time on
this list debating the merits of these different approaches.

RE: "If this doesn't sound convincing enough then just imagine how
things will become once the core developers double in number!  Without a
sub-Dries things will look twice as bad for core developers as they are
now. This is flagging a warning that we should heed."

The number of developers has more than doubled over the last few years
-- we don't need to imagine this.

This thread strikes me as one of the discussions that arises -- like a
weed or a phoenix or a hangover that won't go away -- periodically --
threads like "Why is Drupal so hard for noobs", or "Drupal usability is
terrible" -- while it is good to revisit topics like these on occasion,
I don't think we should kid ourselves that we are breaking new ground here.

Cheers,

Bill

--
Bill Fitzgerald