[development] String freeze

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jul 3 13:57:49 UTC 2007

On 7/3/07, FGM <fgm at osinet.fr> wrote:

> This makes me think of something that has been mentioned at various
> times: couldn't we have a "default" version (which would happen to be
> in english for core) and english as just one translation, which would
> happen to be empty by default for core, returning the default version
> ?

In the past there has been severe performance implications when the locale
module was enabled. Sites suffered heavily from excessive queries.

I am not sure if this is still the case, but since all of sites I do are
English,
I would not want to go that route for performance's sake.
--
2bits.com
http://2bits.com