[development] Requiring node revisions

Karthik narakasura at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:56:58 UTC 2007

On 08/06/07, Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:

> i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but i don't think you grasp
> how {node_revisions} currently works.  you get the overhead of the
> JOIN on {node_revisions} no matter what (though as David points out,
> this is mostly free, since we rarely/never try to WHERE or ORDER BY
> on things from {node_revisions}).  the only overhead of this change
> is the extra rows in the {node_revisions} table, and the thread is
> already discussing interesting ways to limit/reduce *that* overhead
> for sites that care about such things.

Why bother limiting when you can choose not to have it at all? The
extra rows can make a substantial difference depending on what your
query is doing.

I'm all for switching revisions on by default. Most of David's listed
advantages will be realised simply by doing this.

-1 for not giving me the choice to configure how my site works.

-K