[development] PHP 5 > aggregator.module rewrite to XML API?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Mon Jun 18 16:30:36 UTC 2007

> Neither one of those modules is a suitable replacement for aggregator in
> core (both do feeds-as-nodes and feed-items-as-nodes ... which is great
> / necessary for some use cases, but bad for others).

Not entirely true - the Feed Parser module does have an "items as
aggregator.module" module, but it has fallen into disrepair. I plan to
fix that up for my own needs.

> Side note: core needs love. It needs your love, and everyone's love.
> Views in core, more of CCK in core, improved / re-factored / API-ized
> aggregator -- etc. etc. etc. Oh yes, it also needs testing love, issue
> queue review love, documentation love. Where's the love?

Is this intended at me? I can scratch only my own itches nowadays.

 > +1. And lo, the discussion from many years continues.

Unfortunately, yes. Can you sum up why it's never settled?

--
Morbus Iff ( dare you overpower my stench of eeeevil? )
aim: akaMorbus / skype: morbusiff / icq: 2927491 / jabber.org: morbus