[development] Go PHP 5, Go!

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 21 15:03:26 UTC 2007

Quoting Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>:

> However, what if the world stays back? Just think of it and what the
> impact is if that (hopefully unlikely) situation arises.

We cannot concretely deal with a situation that does not yet exist.  We
can only deal with the situation *if* and *only* if it arises.  If we
never cut the hole in the dam the we will forever be behind it and
scratching the RASH. :)  If the situation arises we will can provide a
solution as we will then understand the situation.  If we try to
provide solution before the situation arises we are likely to miss the
mark and just burden ourselves with needless soultions.  Remaining on
PHP 4 isn't the solution.

Earnie