[development] Node Rendering Debate

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Wed Jun 27 11:40:03 UTC 2007

> My opinion is that functions don't belong in a
> template because they mix logic into presentation.

what about presentation logic?

A themer should be able to see what is available to them. Fair enough, not
everything
conceivable should be included, since there will be an information overload.

For php template tpl files we are collecting the variables visible inside
the lambda, so that is not really a problem.
I don't have an answer about how to deal with nested templates, etc...

In my opinion a UI might not be needed in the general case, but there should
be a summary of what is available for use in a theme.

A UI, which creates a proxy between some variable pool and a template has
it's uses, but it shouldn't be a central feature, it is just that - a helper
proxy.