[development] Menu feature -- can we lose this, please?

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 17:49:30 UTC 2007

On 06 Mar 2007, at 13:09, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Op dinsdag 6 maart 2007 12:02, schreef Dries Buytaert:
>> Ber -- I can't grok your e-mail.  Can you elaborate (based on facts
>> rather than vague metatalk!), please?  Thank
>
> It is not vague. But the main point /is/ metatalk. Feel free to put on
> horeseflaps and focus on technical aspects, though.

Eh?

> I am only trying to get
> the bigger picture right, first. Its my prefered way of working: to
> know
> where I am heading: to have the theory and architecture right (I am
> not
> saying this is not done in this case, I merely see a big potential
> problem,
> because of lack of knowledge from anyone on this point).

I wasn't asking for a lesson on "horseflapping the bigger picture" --
although the cited book sounds fun.

I just wanted you to clarify your writing in the context of Karoly's
original message -- preferably using Drupal terminology.  Here is the
passage were you lost me:

   "What you are proposing is a hierarchical permission system (like
that of
    LDAP) to replace our current node (NOT the Drupal node, the real
thing)
    based permissions (like that in *nix systems). Our nodebased (NOT
the
    Drupal node!!) permission system has worked very well so far."

Thanks for taking a first step at clarifying your original message.
It helped -- to some extend.  I think I got your main point.