[development] memcache

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Wed Mar 7 11:45:01 UTC 2007

The API for this is in place. Steve Rude and I will be overhauling the
current memcache code to better utilize the built-in cache
infrasctructure. Basically, it should all start with a cache_{custom
table name} table and use cache_get and cache_set. Module developers are
getting wise to the benefits of having their own cache tables (Views),
and when I've evaluated and committed Steve's code, we'll have a caching
system that first looks to memory based caching and then to db based
caching for any given resource. This way, we can approach all caching
issues in a general way, and the merits of node caching, for example,
can be discussed in the context of Drupal core without having to worry
about compatibility with the caching layer.

-Robert

--
* * * * *
Lullabot's First Ever Advanced Workshops Are Here!