[development] lucid menu & aggregation

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Mar 20 23:39:02 UTC 2007

Agg2 was a giant ball of hairy code that no one wanted to touch,
including the original developer.

ANYWAY, my point here was that there clearly too many aggregation  /
feedparsing modules, and there is no way that they're all going to be
maintained or of high quality. Joining forces seems to be the natural
thing to do, but hey, what do I know? I'm just a handwaver....

Again, if anyone feels like helping compare, feel free to update --
https://svn.bryght.com/dev/wiki/DrupalFeedParsing

My current vote is for Ted Serbinski's SimpleFeed module. I *also*
bitched at him about starting fresh, but he had a clear path, had
spoken with other module authors, and, well, has a good history.

if you really want to make friends, refactoring + extending of the
core Aggregator module in the form of patches for D6 would be great.
Hmm....that would be another good SoC, probably.

--
Boris Mann
Skype borismann