[development] Early Drupal 6 review from Chris Messina

Alex Cochrane alex at spoon.com.au
Wed Nov 14 17:39:32 UTC 2007

David Sterratt wrote:
> I agree that "category" is a very confusing replacement for "vocabulary"
> and that most people would think of it as a "term". I preferred
> "category group", though this still does not quite feel optimal.

After giving this some more thought I do agree.

> taxonomy.module--> categorization.module
> vocabulary --> categorization OR categorization scheme OR category group OR category scheme
> term --> category

I would steer clear of 'categorization' due to the two different
spelling possibilities. People who spell it the other way find that
version quite unpleasing to the eye (and vice versa I'm sure).

How about this proposal:

taxonomy.module--> classification.module
vocabulary --> GROUP
term --> category

Alex Cochrane