[development] Drupal 6.2, secholes and the lack of reviews

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Apr 9 22:34:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

First of all, I feel devastated over this. I tried to work out a
working access inheritance model but I failed.

Second I am furious. I was begging people to review the system. To
port their modules during the beta period so problems can surface. Two
people approached me with problems -- both of them had their issue
fixed subsequently and we got very nice additions to the system (%map
and %index). Two.

The number of reviewers won't change overnight. So what we can do?
Automate what we can and free up as much as we can so those few who do
reviews can do quality reviews.

We are working on that, of course. Please see
http://drupal.org/testing-sprint esp. the bottom of the page, first
two entries in the Next Steps section.

Regards

Karoly Negyesi