[development] best pratices, test environment, patch review: clues how to make easier to contribute

Ryan Cross drupal at ryancross.com
Thu Aug 14 15:32:27 UTC 2008

> If I use Drupal, I've to patch core...

I think that is probably the root of most of your problems

> I just would like to know what others think and how they manage
> their patch/review env when it get more complex.

The key with reviewing patches is to *not* use a complex environment.
You have to test and review patches against HEAD. If you want to
further test them against your customized version of drupal, then that
is a separate task and isn't relevant to getting that patch into core.

-Ryan