[development] XML Sitemap 6.x-1.x-dev: Bugs, Typos & Quality

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:46:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 1:37 PM,  Matt Farina wrote:

> When you talk about the dev-linuxes, dev-kernels, etc. that would be
> comparable to drupal core.
>
> Each contributed module is it's own project (like the linux kernel) but on
> a much smaller scale. Some of these projects are well maintained and the
> issues noted aren't a problem. Some of them, just like projects all over,
> could use some love and attention.
>
> If you willing I imagine a lot of maintainers would welcome the help in
> creating better projects. I know I would.

This is very true, also note that the poor quality of so many contributed
projects is a known issue, and Drupal.org has been introducing measures to
deal with it - see http://drupal.org/project/usage for one. More are likely
to come with the redesign too, and maybe via
http://testing.drupal.org(which currently only runs core tests) in the
future.

Nat