[development] Views 2 UI

Keith Smith keith.smith at keithsmith.org
Sun Feb 17 19:27:03 UTC 2008

I recently promised merlinofchaos that I would help with the Views 2
documentation. I'm glad that I did.

In reviewing Drupal 6 reviews posted across the web, I'd recently read the
"Views preview" section of the post
http://tek4dpipol.blogspot.com/2008/02/look-at-drupal-6-core-features-2.html,
complete with screenshot. I'd seen various Views UI related posts on g.d.o,
though I didn't follow any of them closely. I'd seen UI-related discussion
scroll past in IRC. I assumed I was pretty well on top of "state of the art"
Drupal interface designs.

I was so very wrong.

I checked out Views 2 over the weekend, in order to get a feel for how I
might could help with strings and documentation. It is fair to say that the
new interface "blew me away." It is not evolutionary, but revolutionary.
Thomas Kuhn would call it a paradigm shift. It's damn sexy.

Earl, what I've seen so far is just fantastic. You -- and everyone who has
helped you with this -- have made something special here. I think I want to
be you when I grow up.

--ks