[development] Best practices: Config settings

Bevan Rudge bevan at civicactions.com
Wed Jan 2 01:26:33 UTC 2008

As a usability advocate I would push more for form_alter()-ing core
forms when appropriate (like your example).  As this makes logical
sense.  However, considering that most users who care about this
variable are probably advanced drupal users, they will look for it
first at admin/settings/YOURMODULE.

> If you want, what you could do as a workaround is place a
> drupal_set_message() (or hook_help()) on other pages that could be
> affected by your setting that point back to the settings page. For example:

I think a better compromise is to put the form item ON BOTH forms.
AFAIK there is nothing wrong with this technically, but I'm not sure.

Bevan/

--
Drupal.geek.nz | Gtalk bevan at lucion.co.nz | YIM rudgy_m_nz | .Mac/AOL
b.rudge | skype b.rudge | Twitter.com/BevanR