[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:11:46 UTC 2008

> > On Jan 15, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Daniel F. Kudwien wrote:
> >
> > > Why don't we add another vocabulary for global issue
> > categories like
> > > 'PostGreSQL', 'Performance', 'JavaScript', etc. ?
> > > Realization of this proposal would include that the category of an
> > > issue could be altered in an issue follow-up, and not just
> > at the time
> > > of issue creation.
> >
> > http://drupal.org/node/187480
> >
> > -Derek (dww)
>
> Thanks for this hint, Derek. I didn't follow-up because I don't think a
> free-tagging vocab will help us here. IMHO, we need something we can put
> in
> the visible navigation for d.o users. Yes, free tags are not limited to a
> few terms. However, because of that, it's harder to build a fixed list of
> issue topics based on them.

Though the title of the issue Derek linked to above mentions free tagging,
this could also be done with fixed vocabularies.  For an example of how this
might look, see the first screenshot posted at
http://drupal.org/node/187480#comment-632130.  Both of these vocabularies
are free tagging, but fixed vocabularies would look similar.

The comment_alter_taxonomy module that I will finish once the requisite
patches to project_issue have been committed will handle diffing taxonomy
terms for both free tagging and fixed vocabularies.  Obviously in the case
of fixed vocabularies a user would not be able to add a new term to the
vocabulary itself in a comment.

Adam