[development] Can cash for views/cck help speed Drupal 6 adoption?

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Fri Jan 25 17:09:19 UTC 2008

Here's my take on the situation. There isn't very much really good
in-depth writing about Views from the smart developer's standpoint. I'm
not talking about how to do Views integration with your module, which is
pretty well understood. There's a little more out there for CCK, and
that might be one of the reasons more people feel equipped to develop
CCK. CCK has already been around longer, and was the result of much more
collaboration from the onset. These are just historical observations.

Where money might really make a difference in the long run would be to
hire someone smart to really dive into Views 2 and write about how it
works. The whole Views developer ecosystem is focused on "providing
views integration with X" and lots of people can now do this. It's a
different matter altogether, though, when it comes to understanding how
it works in the back end.

-Robert