[development] Can cash for views/cck help speed Drupal 6 adoption?

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Fri Jan 25 17:57:15 UTC 2008

Robert Douglass wrote:
> Here's my take on the situation. There isn't very much really good
> in-depth writing about Views from the smart developer's standpoint. I'm
> not talking about how to do Views integration with your module, which is
> pretty well understood. There's a little more out there for CCK, and
> that might be one of the reasons more people feel equipped to develop
> CCK. CCK has already been around longer, and was the result of much more
> collaboration from the onset. These are just historical observations.
>
> Where money might really make a difference in the long run would be to
> hire someone smart to really dive into Views 2 and write about how it
> works. The whole Views developer ecosystem is focused on "providing
> views integration with X" and lots of people can now do this. It's a
> different matter altogether, though, when it comes to understanding how
> it works in the back end.

This is absolutely correct. So this would be a good place to put some
resources. I've tried to do a better job of in-code documentation in
Views 2, but the one thing that's lacking is an overall architecture
doc, and I haven't quite figured out the best way to put this together.
I have an offer of help there, but that offer is contingent this person
having mythical time.