[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 31 17:10:06 UTC 2008

Quoting Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de>:

> Well, then we just can stay with CVS. IMO SVN's features aren't that
> vastly superior to spend much effort on moving.

That is certainly the opinion I hold for projects I maintain elsewhere.
  If it is already in CVS there is no need to switch to SVN.  The
hardship people tend to have with CVS is understanding the meaning of
branch and release tags.  However, Drupal has well defined meanings for
those and the release tools and documentation handle them well.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/